What Is Engineered Wood Flooring - Know Its Benefits
Wood flooring has been used in the construction of houses for years. People usually go by real solid wood flooring. However, engineered wood flooring has become very popular in the last few years. If you have heard about it, you would know that it is an affordable option to implement in your house. However, if you don't know anything about the topic, keep reading to learn more.
Why Engineered Hardwood
There are many options when it comes to hardwood flooring. Engineered hardwood is a combination composed of layers of hardwood and plywood.
Engineered hardwood flooring is known for its easy installation and its affordable price. If you try to choose between engineered and solid hardwood, here are some benefits of engineered hardwood flooring that will help you decide.
- - One of the most outstanding benefits of engineered hardwood is that it has a durable and high-performance quality.
- - It is made of multiple layers of wood; each one is placed in different directions. This construction helps the engineered hardwood to avoid being warped and bowed.
- - Its most important advantage over solid hardwood is its construction. It allows installation in most grade levels of the house, including below ground with a protective moisture barrier installed.
- - A hardwood veneer gives natural beauty and look to the engineered floor, just as a solid hardwood floor does.
- - Engineered hardwood offers easy care and maintenance.
Styles of Engineered Hardwood?
You can find a lot of styles when it comes to engineered hardwood:
- - A great benefit is that it is available in various species like oak, maple, hickory and more.
- - Exists multiple finishes of engineered hardwood; you can find it in semi-gloss, high-gloss and matte.
- - Engineered hardwood comes in various surface effects that will make your flooring very attractive, for example. A hand-scraped effect can give your house a warmer look; a distressed effect can make it look very rustic. You can also get it in an or wire-brushed effect.
It doesn't matter if you prefer a classic style or a contemporary one. You will find a hardwood floor that matches your taste and the look of your house. Wherever you install engineered hardwood in your house, you can be rest assured that it will look beautiful, and more than that, it will be durable.
The Best Engineered Hardwood In The UK
Home and Floors provides the best-engineered flooring products in the UK. We have a solid background and experience in the flooring industry and have the highest quality standards in the business. Get in touch with our team, and we will be happy to assist you.CALL US NOW