Wood Floors and Rugs: Dos and Donts
Wood flooring and rugs provide a unique appeal to your home. They add elegance, beauty, and value to your living space. Here are some design dos and don'ts for helping you get the best results for your home.
Wood floors are attractive, long-lasting, and easy to clean. They are also one of the most important elements in home decor, especially for aesthetics and functionality.
To get the most out of your hardwood flooring, do the following:
- Use wood floors as a design element to blend spaces.
- Choose light flooring to open up small rooms and darker tones to make large spaces feel cosier.
- Combine hardwood with area rugs to define functional areas.
- Choose the same colours for your wood floors and kitchen cabinets.
- Install dark wood flooring in high-traffic areas If you have dogs or use high-heels.
Carpets are important for your home. They add to its aesthetic appeal and serve as insulators, protectors, and even sound absorbers. They are now available in a wide range of designs, styles and colours. The right carpet can create a welcoming ambience in your house.
- Use them in bedrooms and living rooms where comfort and warmth are important.
- Use carpet with area rugs to differentiate furniture sections within the house.
- Use neutral colours and textures to enhance style and décor.
- Install a carpet in any room where food is prepared or eaten.
- Make a dramatic colour statement with a carpet.
- Combine different carpet styles In contiguous spaces.
Area rugs are very versatile. They work well with wood, tile, and carpet. They define spaces, enhance the design and protect the flooring.
- Select the appropriate rug size. A rug of at least 8 × 10 feet is usually used for bedrooms, living rooms, and dining rooms. A 5 x 7-foot rug, on the other hand, might work in a child's room or a breakfast nook.
- When choosing rugs to go with other floorings, combine patterns, proportions, and styles.
- Combine an area rug with hardwood flooring in a kitchen.
- Choose a small rug for a big room; the rug's size should correspond to the room's dimensions.
- Cover a beautiful design with a piece of furniture.
- Be afraid to experiment with colours and textures.
Keep in mind that soft natural tones combined with neutrals create a relaxed environment, while darker wood floors and bolder rugs create a striking look. It’s no wonder wood flooring is the most popular choice for homeowners looking to revamp their living spaces.
Choose The Best Hardwood Flooring Provider In The UK
Home decor trends come and go, and some people are better at following them than others. But no law says you have to do what everyone else does. You can design your own house and be perfectly comfortable with it.
Let us be part of your home design, providing you with the best in quality and service. At Home & Floors, we offer you professional wood floor installation, secure transactions, fast shipping, customer support before and after your sale, and a 100% satisfaction guarantee with your purchase.
GET IN TOUCH